PDA

View Full Version : dstt giving me grief

bigballblue
24-03-2009, 23:21
the kids dstt card has started playing up (white screen on boot up and freezing ) so i assumed after 4 attempts at formatting and reinstalling firmware it would be fine but no joy so i used a brand new micro ds card and im still having the same probs , i downloaded latest firmware and transferred onto sd but still no joy , i also noticed there was 3 files when unzipped but i thought there was only 2 ,

has someone got a complete step by step guide on how to load firmware so i can make sure im doing it correctly so i know if the dstt card faulty as im gettin my head nipped from the wee yin

thanks craig

wiz569
24-03-2009, 23:28
Found this on DW m8

google 'panasonic sd formatter' you can't miss it.

It formats better than the windows inbuilt tool, it uses a more suitable cluster size or something, it's almost a must with large sdhc type mem cards when used with flashcarts.

best format settings = 'full format' and 'special format size adjustment' set to on

btw, the advice about putting the .nds files in folders is good advice, try to keep to less than 20 games per folder for smooth running; you can name the folders anything you like... games1 games2 etc... the dstt will find the .nds files no problem.

bigballblue
24-03-2009, 23:39
ill give that a bash 2moro im on laptop at the moment and everything elso on pc , im still in need of a complete step by step guide on putting firmware on the card , ill have another scout around the search engines , there was a few but they where a bit vague and never mentioned the 3rd file thats in the firmware

thanks m8

wiz569
24-03-2009, 23:46
According to the official site you just drop the 3 files onto the card,then add your .nds files,although the above post from DW reckons you should put your games into folders.

http://www.ndstt.com/new_download.html

krislou73
25-03-2009, 13:02
Yeah,

alongside the firmware create a games folder. All the cards I have done for family and friends have been fine since I put all games in seperate folder. B4 that cards would always freeze when loading up game.

As for putting 20 games per folder, I only have the 1 games folder with 150+ games on 8gb card and have never had any problems??

Regards

bigballblue
25-03-2009, 16:43
cheers for help lads , ive tried everything and still its not working , must be dstt card itself thats faulty , think ill just get her another 1 and save my self the hassles