+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drive Key question

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Drive Key question

I ordered a drive key to install in my mates wii. It came today from consolebits. I installed it fine, but it came with 2 ribbons. 1 for the dvd drive and another long thin one which ive not got a clue what its for. Any one shed some light on this. Thanks. Gavin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gavshell800 View Post
    I ordered a drive key to install in my mates wii. It came today from consolebits. I installed it fine, but it came with 2 ribbons. 1 for the dvd drive and another long thin one which ive not got a clue what its for. Any one shed some light on this. Thanks. Gavin
    Hiya,

I'm guessing you mean the JTAG cable. JTAG cable is used to update firmware on the drivekey, i'm not sure how, don't even know what a JTAG cable is or how you update the firmware on a drivekey.... I'm sure someone will know about it.

I only know what it is as I searched for it on the web when installing my drivekey to make sure I was installing it correctly. It's optional, but by attatching it whilst installing it means you can do an update without having to open your wii up again.

Go on following Drivekey website and at the bottom click on "adding jtag cable" and it tells you all about it.

http://www.drivekey.com/how-it-works/

From what I know I believe that the new super mario bros game requires drivekeys to be updated unless you purchased one after 30th November 2009 (maybe??).

Anyway all on that Drivekey website.

Regards

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers for that mate. I had a look on the drivekey site, but never spoted this. Its the new updated key with the fix so hopefully it should last a while before needing any updates. I tried a few games that wont play with my wiikey, and they played first time. Think im gona swap mine for the drivekey.

+ Reply to Thread