+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats best for the kids wii????

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default whats best for the kids wii????

right kids had a wii for chrimbo just wondered what was the best thing for playing back ups i have heard of wii keys and also firmware mods but im not sure which is best for me ? will there wii have the shite stuck all over the board to stop me fitting the key ??? any advice would be greatly recieved also do nintendo ban consoles like microsoft do ???
    Techno-Source number one for cable and satelite recievers

Please leave feedback about the site and stick around after you have sorted your problems plenty of people need your help too dont forget to give back................. become part of the best forum on the net

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give them a book - expands the mind.

dunno about shite all over the board - i was under the impression that all new wiis have it now. I have a flatmod in mine that works well.

Nintendo dont ban consoles - because theres no point....the online service is wank so its not something you'd miss.
    NO CARDSHARING DISCUSSIONS ALLOWED

Note: Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal! we cannot condone or support this.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Despite being somewhat long in the tooth and hairy in the arse I got a Wii at Xmas as well. Having read up a little about it the option of installing a chip seems to depend on your serial number. e.g. DriveKey site states it won't work on boxes with a serial higher than LEH2682XXXXX as this is likely to contain a new type of D3-2 drive. You can change your drive or wait for the Wiikey Fusion chip which can be used appearing any day now. Although reading about this chip it seems that it bypasses the drive to read backups from SD card.

I've got one of the higher serial numbers and my plan is to go down the soft mod route when I get around to doing it. I intend downloading mainly scrubbed images if possible and play them from a usb drive.

Reading some of the Wii forums is a bit mind-boggling though with all the different ways you appear to be able to achieve the same thing.
    Last edited by blobbins08; 15-01-2010 at 14:29. Reason: added info on Fusion

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

First thing to do is to check your wii drive number and find out what drive is in your wii.You can check it at www.wiidrives.com/lists this will tell you what drive your wii has , it also gives you details on what mod your wii will take.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

cheers lads will have a look when i get home

thanks for your input lee you normal witty self i see

Please leave feedback about the site and stick around after you have sorted your problems plenty of people need your help too dont forget to give back................. become part of the best forum on the net

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also depending on their ages give Raving Rabbids TV Party and Toy Story a go for them

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Or a 2 litre bottle of White lightning.... In your area if there over twelve I'm sure they've tried it

can't recommend super mario bros wii enough for any age. Fantastic game.

Note: Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal! we cannot condone or support this.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You got it working on a flatmod Lee?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leeb1977 View Post
    Or a 2 litre bottle of White lightning.... In your area if there over twelve I'm sure they've tried it

can't recommend super mario bros wii enough for any age. Fantastic game.
    12 you must be joking that stuff goes in the feeding bottles from birth
    yeah we got mario wii, me and claire play on it sadly the parrot has picked up on some choice words due to our frustration when mario or luigi wont jump at the right time

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marvious View Post
    You got it working on a flatmod Lee?
    it's not a backup were playing mate... It's a birthday pressie for the little one so it's an original.

Pickle - how old are the kids now? Pikmin is pretty good and it's well worth remembering that there's LOADS of good gamecube games worth picking up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast